• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TG57Roadmaster

TG57Roadmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:17 PM

Back in 2007, I posted a query on these forums as to the whereabouts of Mrs. Walter P. Chrysler's 1937 Imperial LeBaron Town Car. Thanks to our intrepid Editor of the Antique Automobile, West Peterson, the question has now been answered. The AA's latest issue has a response to pics posted in the previous issue's "Beveled Mirror," in which the car's connections to the Vanderbilt's "Eagle's Nest" Museum are laid out.

Posted Image
Larger

Turns out the car has been at the museum all along, and was briefly on display when I took the pics back around 1986 (I'm rather embarrassed that I didn't contact them in the first place!). The curator says they'll be accepting sealed bids for the car in the next few months, after a second appraisal is concluded, and the one-off is expected to sell somewhere in the six-figures.

It's going to be interesting to see the outcome of the sale, as this is one important Imperial!
Thanks West, for bringing the forgotten LeBaron to light again. (Scroll down to see two original pics here).

TG

Edited by TG57Roadmaster, 28 July 2011 - 05:08 PM.

Luck is When Preparation Meets Opportunity

gallery_87514_6_38410.jpg

#2 West Peterson

West Peterson

"Antique Automobile" Editor

• Moderators
  • 9,113 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:40 PM

It will certainly be interesting to see what finally happens. I am excited with the possibility that this car will be owned by someone who will show it. If the car is in reasonably good original condition, I would hope the new owner will keep it that way.

West Peterson, Editor
Antique Automobile (AACA)

No man treats a motorcar as foolishly as he treats another human being. When the car will not go, he does not attribute its annoying behavior to sin, he does not say, "You are a wicked motorcar and I shall not give you any more petrol until you go." He attempts to find out what is wrong and set it right. – Bertrand Russel

"Things are more like they are now than they've ever been!" – Uncle Arni

#3 cargeek2014

cargeek2014

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:31 AM

In my opinion, the Imperials always were, and always will be Chrysler's most luxurious car. And this one being so important in the Chrysler history, I hope it goes to a good home, and a good owner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users