1968 riviera, 69k miles, near perfect - whats it worth...

furball

hello all,

sadly i'm going to have to let go of my 68 riviera. its always been garaged, never thrashed and just had about $7k spent on the motor. what can i expect to get for it? should i put it on ebay or try and sell it somewhere else?

its got the console shifter, black interior, electric windows. no AC, no power seats. pictures are here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/oscar_champagne/sets/72157594144965685/

Its so hard to offer advice on this type of question. It only takes one person who really likes the car and you can get more than market value. Sometimes finding that person can take months and months of marketing the car. Theres not a lot of folks interested in the 68/69 body style and there seems to be a good supply of lower mileage original cars around for whatever reason.

With no pics of the engine bay or undercarriage, I'll assume its average. If its a rust free/no accident car, does not need any chrome or paint work, and is mechanically sound, I'll say in the neighborhood of $7000 but thats just a ballpark. Certainly the engine work will help sell the car but it won't increase the value $7000 from what it was before you did the work. Working against you is low options and ext color but a nice plus is the black interior and long console with bucket seats.

Watch ebay to see what other 68 and 69s are going for. With the low mileage and beautiful condition, its a good candiate for ebay. You never know what can happen there. It could go for more than expected, or not even meet your minimum bid.