1966 olds 442

Guest Schelle

Guest Schelle

I am new to the site. Currently restoring a 1966 Olds 442. I have been told that the dash may have been painted two different colors. One color where the defrosters are located and another color where the ashtray is located. Also need info on paint color for the steering column.

I am new to the site. Currently restoring a 1966 Olds 442. I have been told that the dash may have been painted two different colors. One color where the defrosters are located and another color where the ashtray is located. Also need info on paint color for the steering column.

Welcome. It isn't necessary to post the same question in two different forums. In fact, you'll usually get a better answer if all the responses are in one thread, as that way incorrect information can be caught and corrected.

To your question, yes. Olds used semigloss on the upper part and gloss on the lower part. Get a copy of the assembly manual (repros are sold on-line). It has all the paint codes and available colors. A good paint store can cross these old lacquer codes to modern BC/CC paint.