Jim Rogers Collection at Auction. Las Vegas

PhatCat

How many here on the Forums are going to go to this auction Feb 28th in Las Vegas. This is a mega collection and has many, many, wonderful Buicks most of which are convertibles. Shout out to Pete Phillips, we should do a story on this auction for the Bugle. I'm going to go. If enough guys from the BCA are going to be there we should have a cocktail or two together. Check out the listings on Mecum.com

There are lots of photos of all the cars on the Mecum web site. None look like true 400 point concourse quality. He had collected of a long period of time so some of these may be restorations from 30 years ago. The 1933 Buick coupe looks good but under the hood there are a lot of modifications. Photos and real life up close looking at a car is different too.

From what I see some very rare and solid driver/show type cars. I'd love to get one of the 1953 Buick Convertibles, there are 3 of them. Special, Super, and Skylark.

I did some reading about the man and he really just loved looking at beautiful cars, one Las Vegas news reporter asked him last year before he died which one he would love to cruise the Vegas strip in and he said none of them. He lived in Las Vegas from the time he was 14 mid 1950's. Started a communications business that boomed as did all of that town from that time. His company owned the local NBC station among other things.