Help with ID plate

christineman

Does anyone have a auburn they could snap me a close of? I have a new tag to put on my auburn as the old one is gone. I just want to see how and where to have my didgets put on in the correct place and correct spacing. Something in the 1929-33 area

i will even pay for your time if needed. Thank u in advance

christineman

Here is something from www.auburnsmidwest.com

Engine Compartment – Under the Hood[h=2]Engine[/h][h=3]Engine Block[/h]In 1934 the 8 cylinder engine was introduced with a water side plate cover, used to extract the sand from the casting. This style of block ran to sometime mid to late 1935, when 5 freeze plugs blocks were introduced.

All engine block assemblies carry part # A90458. No other part number has been found for designation of the various types of block.

Five freeze plug engines were superseded by a 3 freeze plug variety which ran until the end of production in 1936, making these rare.

6 cyl engine A90425 started with a water side plate in 1934 and changed in mid 1935 to a 5 freeze plug version.

There are no known 6 cyl 3 freeze plug engines.

[h=3]Data Plate[/h]The first line of a data plate indicates the Model

• 1934 8 cylinder is 850Y or 850X

• 1934 6 cylinder is 652Y or 652X

• 1935 8 cylinder is 851

• 1935 6 cylinder is 653

• 1936 8 cylinder is 852

• 1936 6 cylinder is 654

The second line is the Serial Number which is a numerical code followed by an alphabetical suffix.

The serial is derived from the number stamped on the right hand front frame rail, plus a count of 1000.

Example: if a 1934 car frame number is 1100, the serial will 2100.

Example: if a 1935 or 1936 car has a frame number of 3120, the serial number will be 4120 except if it is supercharged.

If supercharged, the serial number is prefixed with a 3, so frame of 3120 would be serial 34120.

The alphabetical suffix indicates body type:

• A – Sedan

• B – Brougham

• C – Touring

• E – Speedster

• F – Cabriolet

• G – Victoria

• H – Phaeton Sedan

• K – 7-Passanger Sedan

• L – Chassis

• M – Coupe

The third line of Data plate is Engine number: a combination of alphabetical indicator and number.

The alpha-plus-number is found hand stamped onto a boss located on the left front top of the engine.

• 6 cyl prefix WF and a sequence of block

• 8 cyl will be one of the following prefixes followed by a sequence number:

o GA – came with cast iron head. Used in commercial vehicles and in some early 1935 cars, possibly to use the stock up

o GG – came with aluminum head, standard production

o GH- supercharged engine

dataplate-1024x488.jpg