S.R.

Guest S.R.

Does anyone have any idea where I might find an R06 "O-Ring" for fastening the brake reservoir to the MC on a 1956 Buick Century??? I have read it is what I need, yet no one seems to know what I am talking about when I attempt to find one???

Thanking you in advance for your help. S.R.

Thanks for the response Dale. I also thought it would be an easy find, but I haven't had much luck. I have even contacted a couple of "O-Ring" companies, with-out any success. Back to the drawing board.

Thanks again..............S.R.

The "R" indicates it is from the "Le Joint Francais Metric O-Ring" family and their charts don't list such a number. So it would make one think of two things right off.

1. Your p/n is incorrect for some reason.

2. I don't believe Buick was using metric o-rings in 1956.

I think you could take the part that has the groove cut in it for the o-ring to a local shop that handles o-rings and get them to match one up to the groove that likes the fluids you are dealing with.

I am in the shop and decided to check my o-ring set and there is was. I guess what I wrote above might not be true.

Anyway, here's what the kit says...p/n R-06...AS #014...nominal size I/D 1/2"...O/D 5/8"...section 1/16". Once again, make sure you get the material type of o-ring that Likes your fluid.