WINDOWS 53 SPECIAL

sweetpotato

I've been doing my doors all week, 3 down one to go. New window channels and sweepers. I gave up on clips, both for the fuzzy channels and the sweepers. I ordered a supply for both and found out that the small tabs which are supposed to go through the channels and be bent over just are not long enough unless you own whatever tool the factory used to do this. So I went with #4 screws. If you use the right drill bit and slightly countersink the hole with a large bit the screws all but disappear. On the vertical part which is hard to drill and screw I got one screw in at the top and bottom and used 100% silicone in the middle.

LOL. If the clips you are referring to are anything like those on a '50...I'm right there with you. I can get them to clip onto the window frame no problem, but have never been able to really get the "spikey" part to jam thru the metal backing of the felt/fuzzy lined window channels. If I run out of other things to do (sarcasm here) I may try to attach the clip to the channel first and then clip it into the frame. There's got to be some trick to it.