Chrome Question..................

Guest onedesertdog

Guest onedesertdog

Hi All,

On my 65, the front lower bumper buffed out to a brilliant shine as did the upper fangs. Above driver quality IMO. The upper has a dime size ding and the chrome is peeling at that spot.

I contacted four different places and got prices for the upper, and they all told me that no matter how nice the fangs or lower are, they will not match up to the new upper chrome. Mine will never be anything but a driver(as long as I own it) so I wonder if anyone has experience on how this would look? Or, should I fork out the extra $200 and have the lower done.

I was quoted 300-450 for the upper. A well known shop in Tucson will do the upper, w/o fangs for $300, $340 w/fangs. $200 for the lower if I wanted to add it.

My money tree has no bidness owning a numbers matching 65 with the super wildcat. LOL

Also, what are the inside/outside spacers made of for the bumper to fender? Can I just fab those, w/o knowing the thickness?

Thanks as always for your help,

Buddy

Guest clamshells
Hi All,

On my 65, the front lower bumper buffed out to a brilliant shine as did the upper fangs. Above driver quality IMO. The upper has a dime size ding and the chrome is peeling at that spot.

I contacted four different places and got prices for the upper, and they all told me that no matter how nice the fangs or lower are, they will not match up to the new upper chrome. Mine will never be anything but a driver(as long as I own it) so I wonder if anyone has experience on how this would look? Or, should I fork out the extra $200 and have the lower done.

I was quoted 300-450 for the upper. A well known shop in Tucson will do the upper, w/o fangs for $300, $340 w/fangs. $200 for the lower if I wanted to add it.

My money tree has no bidness owning a numbers matching 65 with the super wildcat. LOL

Also, what are the inside/outside spacers made of for the bumper to fender? Can I just fab those, w/o knowing the thickness?

Thanks as always for your help,

Buddy

Holding the new chromed bumper in your left hand and the original fangs in your right hand 3 feet apart they may look the same but when you fit them up you'll see the difference just like a car they shot a fender not blending the door and hood the transition stands out every time. IMO for that price have them all done you won't regret it.

Mike

Holding the new chromed bumper in your left hand and the original fangs in your right hand 3 feet apart they may look the same but when you fit them up you'll see the difference just like a car they shot a fender not blending the door and hood the transition stands out every time. IMO for that price have them all done you won't regret it.

My car had very nice original chrome but the front bumper had one small parking lot ding in the leading edge. I had the upper bumper chromed and the front end looks great now.Actually the original chrome and the new chrome if you don't do show chrome is a very close match. One thing

I noticed on my car is that the lower front bumper chrome was a little less shiny from the factory in comparison to the upper bumper chrome. On the spacers between the fenders and the front bumper ends, they are reproduced by CARS. I changed mine when I had my front bumper off for chroming.

Guest onedesertdog

Thanks for the reply Seafoam and where to find the spacers. I think I'll do the upper and fangs and see how they compare to the lower.

Buddy

Guest tone65riv

Hey Buddy, I would just do the fang bumper only, that's what I'm going to do, my fang upper bumper is worn from were the water drips on the bumper.

Tony