34 chevy

Guest 34chevy

Guest 34chevy

hello,

i am a rookie on this build. i have a 34 chevy cab. ONLY. could someone explain how to register this vehicle. this will be a running truk when i am done..i am making the frame now.. the va. DMV was not much help.

thanks rick

Since I live in CA, I cannot speak with any authority about other states. I doubt that any state will register a cab. That would be like registering a piston or a tail light bulb. Here, we have to show up with a, more or less, complete vehicle. It has to have all of the major components before they will even look at it

Guest Commodore

Does the cab have serial number tag on it? If it does you could use that number to register this vehicle. If does not it would be up to the VA DMV to determine whether it would be a new build and have to meet 2014 requirements or a used car. Either way the VA DMV would have to assign a serial number to it. When does something become new build and not used car, is tricky question. I know that in California, the DMV was cracking down on hot rod builders who were building cars that had only a few pieces of the original car in them and making the builders register the cars as new builds.

Guest 34chevy

thanks 4 your response..

i have been building m/c for 35 years. moving on to 4 wheels now, and the new challenge.. boss hoss. alot of power...cool