1936 Dodge Steering Arms wanted

Guest cattmann

Guest cattmann

I am looking to purchase 2 steering arms from a Dodge,Plymouth or maybe even a Chrysler around 1936.Please notify me if you can help me out.Thanks Gary

Guest mr zook

i have a bunch of origional 1936 dodge parts. i will have to dig to see what i can find. looking for anything else?

Guest cattmann

Sounds good.Do not need anything else at this time. This is a pic of a set from my 1941 Chrysler royal and I was told the earlier ones were a bit shorter but bolt holes measured the same at 2.25 inches centre to centre .post-76252-143142463464_thumb.jpg

Guest cattmann
post-76252-143142463793_thumb.jpg The arms listed as1936 cannot be from a 1936 .When I reread the post ,the gent who drew the diagram said he drew it from memory so he might have made a mistake or another 36 car had different arms Edited by cattmann (see edit history)

Guest cattmann

Not sure of the year now as 2 people have told me their arms look nothing like the ones in the diagram.Might be earlier years but suppose to be from a straight axel,1930 dodge car.

Guest mr zook

well, i dug today and couldnt find any steering arms. i think i scrapped them last summer thinking nobody would have a use for them, sorry

Guest mr zook

i honestly dont remember. but i did scrap a bunch of steering and front end parts that had so much dirt and grease on them, i didnt even attempt to mess with them. seems like everytime i scrap something, i soon after find someone looking for that part. i just have way too much of that stuff laying around!

Guest cattmann

after seeing another set of arms from a 1936 ,I believe that I am looking for a set from an older vehicle than a 36 because the 36 arms are totally different.

Guest cattmann

These are pics of 2 sets .The matte coloured set are from a 1938 dodge and the shiny black set are maybe from a 1935 . They were used on a 1938 for the same rack and pinion conversion as i am doing .The bolt to bolt center is 2.25 " the same as mine.I don't know why there is 2 holes in one of them ,it must be used for 2 applications.Notice that they are about 1.5" shorter than the 38's.This is the reason I need them to maintain my turning radius because the rack doesn't have the same travel as a box.I might have found a set of the 35"s .i am waiting for pics and info on them.

post-76252-14314246827_thumb.jpg

Edited by cattmann (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest cattmann

Purchased the steering arms from Skip at french lake auto parts in Mn.He is excellent to deal with .Thanks again Skip

• 9 months later...

Hello cattman, I was wondering how you made out with your steering arms. Did you get what you were looking for and do you know for sure what model and year they are from? I am asking because I am considering doing the same rack conversion on my 41 Plymouth. Ernie