35' Airstream C6 - Pressure Plate & Clutch

Guest ModernMopar

Guest ModernMopar

I've located a few sources for this, but was wondering if anyone had recommendations for where to purchase drivetrain components? I've seen several kits out there, but the Mfg. is generally unknown, I'm hoping to purchase something someone else has history with.

Since I've seen a lot of people looking for pictures, below are a few shots of the car. Its been in the family for around 45+ years. I've recently been trying to get it back on the road again, runs great but its clear the pressure plate needs to be replaced.

post-79421-143139242315_thumb.jpg

post-79421-143139242309_thumb.jpg

That is a very nice looking Chrysler! I have a 1935 CZ8 DeLuxe 4dr that I hope to get up and driving again in the next couple of years. I am working on a 1936 Dodge rs cp now and don't want to start another project yet. I have not bought any mechanical parts for mine yet but I would think the parts would not be too hard to find. I am only missing the trim for the center of the grill as far as I know and it has proven to be a hard part to find. If you ever run into a parts car or another center trim, PLEASE let me know. Good luck and once again, nice car.

Guest ModernMopar

Thank you, we've been very kind to it over the years, but still things just age. I saw your post about the trim, I'm assuming you mean the small strip that goes over the insert that covers where the hand crank would go? If you don't have any luck, I can take mine off and draw it up. It wouldn't be difficult to re-create with some thin sheet metal. I'm paranoid about mine falling off, but zip ties would just look ridiculous.

I have the crank hole cover with the center trim for it, but I need the center stainless trim piece that goes right down the center of the grill. I was very lucky to have found and bought a NOS grill for my CZ and it had an NOS crank hole cover in it but no trim at all. I have all the other trim parts but the one down the center. I also am looking for a set of 6" or 6 1/2" trumpets for the horns and any nice hubcaps I can find. I have my hubcaps but they are not in real good condition. Mine are the caps with the word CHRYSLER and the number 8 in the center of the CHRYSLER. Any help is appreciated, thanks,

Bob

Thank you, we've been very kind to it over the years, but still things just age. I saw your post about the trim, I'm assuming you mean the small strip that goes over the insert that covers where the hand crank would go? If you don't have any luck, I can take mine off and draw it up. It wouldn't be difficult to re-create with some thin sheet metal. I'm paranoid about mine falling off, but zip ties would just look ridiculous.