Accumulator Price Drop.

Ronnie

The price of brake accumulators has dropped about 5 bucks in The Reatta Store if anyone is needing one. The current price is $96.58 as of 5/20/12.

The price of the accumulators changes often. The price has been as low as $91.xx up to over $120.xx. The current price is pretty good if you're needing an accumulator or just want to have a spare on hand.

Edited by Ronnie (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

I thought it would be good to revive this thread to let everyone know that the price of accumulators is down right now. I keep track of the accumulator prices. The price they sell for fluctuates a lot. This might be a good time to buy a spare if you think you might be needing one in the future.

Over the past year the price of the accumulators have been as high as $132.18 without free shipping. Then the price dropped to $123.76 and stayed there for a long time. The price over the past year has averaged well over $100 and in many instances you had to pay shipping costs on top of that.

The current price of accumulators in The Reatta Store is $95.99, as of 1/19/14, and you get free shipping to your door. That is a pretty good deal and it could change at anytime without notice. Get them at a good price while you can.

FYI: The brake accumulator is a very important part in the Reatta brake system that stores a reserve of pressure that is needed to provide normal stopping power in the event the engine dies while the car is in motion. It also helps take some of the load off the brake pump. The reserve accumulator pressure keeps the pump from having to start each time the brake pedal is pressed. If your red brake warning light is flashing monetarily each time you hit the brakes you probably are in need of a new accumulator. Click here to learn more about the accumulator and take the accumulator test to determine if you need a new accumulator

Edited by Ronnie (see edit history)

Ronnie,

On the accumulator test page, the following seems contradictory. Should the first statement not be 1/2" or less, rather than more? Maybe I am misreading the intent?

If the fluid level change is 1/2 inch or more, your accumulator is on its last legs.

Also note: a totally defective accumulator will not displace fluid so the level will stay the same.

Ronnie,

On the accumulator test page, the following seems contradictory. Should the first statement not be 1/2" or less, rather than more? Maybe I am misreading the intent?

If the fluid level change is 1/2 inch or more, your accumulator is on its last legs.

Also note: a totally defective accumulator will not displace fluid so the level will stay the same.

I think Barney was just referring to change in general but I see your point so the word "more" was changed to "less". I think most people would understand the intent of what was originally written. If I made the statement; "Let me know if the temperature changes more than three degrees", I think anyone would know that I would want to be notified if the temperature went up or down. That statement covers both directions because it refers to the amount of change, not the direction the temperature changes.

I'm not a technical writer, and the other people who contribute to ROJ aren't either, so you will probably find dozens of questionable words on ROJ but the intent is the same... to help people by simplifying what was written by the FSM technical writers, which is quite often very hard to comprehend, and organize it in one place where it can easily be found.

Edited by Ronnie
Additional comments. (see edit history)