1936 Dodge Hood

Lucky Don

I won a 1936 Dodge Brothers touring sedan a few weeks ago at Newport Indiana "Antique Auto Hill Climb". The hood and how it attaches to the body is not something I have been able to find out about. I have purchased several books...no luck. Can someone help me with direction/instruction/pics, etc of how that works. The car I won is in near perfect restored condition inside and out....but the hood came loose near the windshield. I have the bracket and everthing "appears to be there"...but not knowing how this truly fits and what actually holds it in place is what i need help with. Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Don

Guest Incommunicado

On the firewall these is a small bracket that is fastened down onto the firewall cowl. The bracket should have a little clip that slides into the hood center. Remove the bracket install the bracket into the hood and refasten the bracket to the firewall

Any chance you have a picture of the poart that goes into the mounting bracket? That is the part I am missing. Or know where I can obtain one? Or have the dimensions of the part? It looks like about 1/8 inch diameter room in the mounting bracket. Can I substitue something else for the bracket to safely keep the hood in place?

Guest Incommunicado

Hi,

The bracket has a flat base with two holes for mounting (approximately 1 1/2 inches) and there is a ovate shaped tube across the center that inserts into the hood hinge.

I obtained a set from a guy on E-bay, he apparently makes them and they work well, he sells them in chrome or in plain steel. His e-bay user name is signalsteve and he is from MA.

I thought that I had his email address, but it was lost in a recent computer crash. I might still have it at home, and I will check.

Signalsteve usually lists in ebay motors, collectable car parts, search 1936 Dodge.

If that doesn't work I will photgraph mine and send it to you

Incommunicado - I have seen the brackets that signalsteve sells....I have brackets...and when I received the car, the hood appeared to be in the proper place....how does the hood connect to the bracket? What holds the hood in place. When I was driving a couple of weeks ago, the hood came loose from the rear bracket...and it appears to slide back in...but surely something holds it in place.....that is what I "think" I am missing. Can you provide that piece of information to me? Would be forever indebted!! Not having owned this 1936 Dodge very long, and since I won it and have not been able to find out this piece of information. I did send an email to "signalsteve and asked him as well a few minutes ago. Thanks. Don

• 9 years later...
I won a 1936 Dodge Brothers touring sedan a few weeks ago at Newport Indiana "Antique Auto Hill Climb". The hood and how it attaches to the body is not something I have been able to find out about. I have purchased several books...no luck. Can someone help me with direction/instruction/pics, etc of how that works. The car I won is in near perfect restored condition inside and out....but the hood came loose near the windshield. I have the bracket and everthing "appears to be there"...but not knowing how this truly fits and what actually holds it in place is what i need help with. Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Don

I sell replacement hood hold downs if yours are worn...sets front and rear let me know.....