'62 Bucket Seats

kilkm

Does anyone have an old set of bucket seats out of a '62 Electra, Invicta or Wildcat? I'm putting a set of bucket seats in a '62 Electra and need an old seat cover for the upholestry shop to use as a pattern. Very expensive to have these hand sewn without a pattern, it would save me a lot of money if they had an old seat cover to copy the pattern from. I'll pay good money for one if anyone has one they could part with, even return it if you want it back.

Guest wildcat62

Dick is correct. 62 bucket seats are heat seamed as well.

I'm not sure, but I think Electra pattern is different than the LeSabre and Wildcat interiors. The literature I have is primarily Wildcat for that year, so I cannot compare to the Electra, other than there are lots of pictures in there that someone may be able to base a pattern on.

I'm going to attach a picture to show the interior of my Wildcat. I can try to get down and take more photos of my seats if you think it might help. Just let me know.

post-37573-14313793445_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the photo. I see the Electra seats are quite different. The pleats on the Electra are verticle and they are stitched, not heat seamed. I have a few photo's of a bucket seat in an Electra, it is the same pattern as my bench, stitched, not heat seamed. The Electra seats also have buttons. I tried to attach a photo with no luck. I could attach the picture to an email if you wanted to see them. I was just wondering if anyone had an old Electra bucket seat cover by chance that the upholestry shop could use as a pattern. They are going to be very expensive to reproduce without them.