32 4 door

Pete32

Pete 32,

I am not exactly ure what you mean about the difference between the two. There are two type 50 series sedans, the 57 and the 57 S, the latter with sidemounts and a few other items as acessories. There were 10,803 Model 57 produced and 9,766 Model 57 S produced. On the other hand there is a model 55, a 5 passenger Sport Phaeton of which 69 were produced and a 5 passenger Convertible Phaeton, Model 58C of which 380 were produced (most Phaeton buyers usually purchased the larger models 60, 80 and 90 series. Only one Model 55 is listed in the BCA Roster and that is in Australia. Only 3 of the Model 58C cars are listed in the roster, so both cars are quite rare. Have you located such a car? You should find the exact model number of the passenger's side of teh firewall on a tag.

If you want to know more, keep posting messages, and if you wanted to write to me directly you can e-mail at j.scheib@comcast.net. I am curious to know more about your interest.

John

Pete 32,

I was hoping to hear more from you. Perhaps your question was will any 50 series work under the Pheaton body. As best I understand, yes, and chassis and engine component, as well as dash, etc is the same for all 50 series 1932 Buicks. So if you have a 50 series Phaeton body, you should be able to use parts from any 50 chassis. However, another difference would be the wood wheels or metal wire wheels. I think the brake drums are different. Do you need parts?

John

Pete32

By nature I guess I am a curious person and as the '32s are rather interesting to me, did you every get back to this forum and are you satisfied with the information. I and others would be glad to share morewith you, if we understood more what you are looking for.

John