'88 radio problems

You can tell if the radio is recieving data from the touch screen.<P>First, if you turn it on, you will hear a "click" from the radio module. It helps to have it out of the console to hear it.<P>Second, if the radio is not communicating with the dash, you will be unable to change radio stations. If you can press the tune buttons and the frequency changes, then your radio is talking to the CRT just fine.

I have a '88 reatta with no music, moan moan!!<BR>I get a c339 error code, which I know to mean loss of radio data. The cassette deck has a worn belt but by pushing a drive wheel from the back will start to play, ff etc. but no noise.<BR>I have cleaned connectors to the radio unit, and there is power to it. <BR>Questions.. Where do the two data wires ( from the bottom of the radio) go?<BR>.. Is there any way to tell if the radio has failed or if it is not receiving data from the touch screen?

Thanks for the above Ben.<BR>I could not hear a click from the radio. Should this happen when you turn on the radio or the ignition?<P>I cannot change radio stations. But the CRT talks fine to the cassette deck fine. Do the two units share the same data source? If so it would seem the radio is out. Any logic to this? confused.gif" border="0

I have just measured 12v on both green wires that connect to the bottom of the radio. The legend on the radio housing says they are DAT (data?) wires. 12 volts seems high to me, but if this is normal I guess the radio is shot. Any comments?

You should hear the radio click when you turn it on via the touch screen. It's a really faint click, so it helps to have it out of the console when you do it. It sounds just like a relay clicking.<P>I'm not too sure about the tape deck using needing the radio for anything except amplification. If you put a tape in and press play and hear nothing, it sounds like your radio module is shot or is not communicating with the BCM.