Starter generator question model G

Shawn_P

Hey guys!

I came across an extra starter generator for my 22' touring im working on. When i was wire brushing it to get ready to paint it, my wire wheel hit the fuse holder and breaking off one of the connectors to hold the fuse in place... THis is the style where the fuse holder is on the back not ontop i believe its GA thats on top... but i could be wrong.. Where can i get new fuse holder brackets for this?

Thanks guys!

Shawn

Guest imported_RAH

Shawn,

As it happens I have some parts for those. If you send me a personal note here I will see what we can come up with.

Rodger "Dodger" Hartley

Guest imported_RAH

Shawn,

As I stated, I would be happy to give you a fuse clip. BUT your 'accident' is quite unfortunate

in that it will be necessary to virtually completely disassemble the unit to replace it. It is impossible to remove the rear casting without first removing the rear bearing thrust plate, remove the brushes, remove the front drive end, with armature, and with a L O N G screwdriver down inside the field assy you can undo the shunt field wire from the fuse terminal. You will then need the 'special' wrench to remove the slotted nuts holding the main power terminals and then remove the rear casting and finally gain access to the screws holding the fuse clips in place. Now make sure you do not get the insulating spacers mixed up. While it is apart, I would recommend replacing the front 6205 bearing with a sealed unit to keep engine oil out of the unit and it will be easier to paint the individual parts. Yes it is a LOT of work to rebuild these units. I hope this makes sense.

Rodger "Dodger" Hartley