1932 FRANKLIN RUNNING BOARD S

Guest mikewest729

Guest mikewest729

Steve Jeff has them made I also have a pattern if needed.When i picked your car up in Snow Shoe PA it hadnt run in years.I oiled er up and put a batery in it and it ran fine with the exception of a rod knock.It leaked oil like hell then Its a great car ...I drove it a bit before longely got it. Let me know if you cant get the ends.MIKE

Mike, I didn't know you owned my car. Bill must have fixed the rod knock, because that's the one problem it doesn't have now. I plan on freshening up the engine with a ring and valve job, and maybe throwing a set of rod bearings in for good measure if it needs them. (I still have that set of rods I bought from you on ebay last year.)It runs so good, I hate to mess with it, but the oil leaks and the blue smoke is getting a little embarrasing. This winter I want to re-wire it as the wiring is getting scary and dangerous. The headlights and horn only work sometimes. I really want to get my Olympic convertible done before I tear this one apart, but I need to keep it safe and roadworthy.

I didn't know Jeff had the ends, I'll get a set from him at the Trek. I hope he gets hubcaps made soon too. Thanks for the info.

post-48034-143137914701_thumb.jpg

Guest mikewest729

The woman I got it from won it at a chuch raffle .She bought one ticket.I did quite a bit of work on the car for Bill.Its a good one ...You are lucky to have it!!! MIKE