Dodge Brothers Fast Four motor

Guest EJoyce

Any one have an idea how to make rear oil pan seal properly for a DB fast four motor? We have tried twice but still leaks. Drain tube is open inside pan

There are two pieces to the rear seal. A bottom felt that goes in the slot on the main cap and let see a top part that is felt or leather. This one you might need to remove the transmition and fly wheel to access the clamp screws. Yes it is a lot of work but take it from me if you don't, well you go through a lot of oil for nothing.

Hope this helps. For the correct seals contact Rodger "Dodger" Hartley in technical advisors on the DODGE sight dodgebrothersclub.org.

Lunch is over cheers.

Reuel (rule)

Thanks Mr Gearhead for the reply. Fast four has longer pan and I cannot apply seal to the rear main cap as on the slow fours. There is a knife edge machined on the crank that the upper felt seal rides on and this is where I have the problem on the bottom as to how to attach seal to pan and hold in oil. I have emailed Rodger recently. Thanks, Ed

Guest imported_RAH

Ed, et all,

I suspect the prblem is too much 'seals'. I will attempt to attach herewith a blowup

of the area. There should be onefelt riveted to the back of the pan (in red). and the felt glued to the bottom of the rear main (in green). There should be NO other felt in the 'slinger' area or it will absorb oil that gets past the rear main and will leak. I hope this helps.

Rodger "Dodger"

post-32368-143137913176_thumb.jpg