Engine Paint Information

Shawn_P

i have been chatting with a chap about engine paint for my 22' touring. He has given me the number for a dupont dulux fast drying enamel paint. However when i have called up to order my paint through the dupont retailer here up in canada, ontario to be more persice, They're computers wont go back that far nor can they cross reference my number that i was given. Also the paint product DULUX 83503 alkyd fast dry enamel doesnt exist or hasnt been used in a long time. Can anyone recommend what updated product to use and if my code is right to paint my engine block. ALso... What do people do with their galv. oil pan.. mine has pretty much worn off the coating.. what do people paint, if in all they do paint their oil pan.. THanks everyone.

Shawn

Guest DodgeKCL

My local CarQuest in Lindsay Ont. mixes paint and was able to find a code going back to 1935 and correctly mix some for me. Victoria Automotive in Lindsay is the NAPA dealer and they also mix paint and make it up in spray cans. 'Refinishing Specialties' off the Queensway in Peterborough also mix auto paint and will put it up in spray cans for $14 each. This outfit had a computerized colour reader which will optically read a colour chip and reproduce it in any brand or style of paint they sell. This info is all from personal experience within the last few months. CarQuest doesn't load spray cans just sells via the regular pint/quart/gal. can only.