1964 500XL convertible possible purchase

Guest BJM

I am looking to complete my project car purchases in the next 2 years and be done with it. I was browsing a website from a Minnesota seller. I believe it is www.dansoldcars.com. (I'm at work right now so can not double check) Anyway, I have 3 2 door models and so for the next 3 I would like to have at least one convertible.

This seller has a 64 Galaxie 500XL convertible with a 390 automatic. It is rough but these sorts of cars are what I buy, at lower pricing and then I do as much of the restorations as possible.

My question to the Ford folks is: how well supported is this model in the parts providers, typically seen in Hemmings parts sections? As primarily a Buick, Pontiac, Olds and Chrysler collector over the years, I am growing weary of the difficulty in finding good parts suppliers. I like Fords and Chevys well enough, but the reason I avoided collecting Fords and Chevys is because everybody else was/is.

However, the 64 500XL convertible with the buckets/console is a favorite. On my other cars, the seats have to be re-done, door panels (if needed) need redone, engine kits are expensive, most trim is non existent (Pontiacs not too bad). On some Fords/Chevys, a person can almost build a kit car from the parts some of the businesses have!