Touch Up Paint?

I have a 1990 red Reatta that needs a small touch up on one door. I do not trust after market touch up paints available in auto stores because they tend not to match the original color. Can I still get factory touch up paint for this car? Is it available from Buick dealers? If not, is there a touch up paint that you trust that matches the original color? Thanks in advance for any info.

Matt, my brother does paint chip repair for a living... a quite nice on at that. He can mix ANY paint formulation using OEM paint code from microfiche and an assortment of of PPG pigments. I'll ask him if he'll do it for you. What color is you car? You can then apply it with a fine artist's brush. I'm sure the cost will be nominal and very reasonable and the color will be FACTORY. smile.gif" border="0

Hey BurkieBoy: <P>Since you never came to SoCal for that drink, it's still owed you. By the by, my '90 is Maui Blue if your brother is actively in the paint-mixing biz. Happy to pay.<P>Jerry Sellers

Guest jadesdrift90

I guess I was lucky...we had a small paint shop here for cars and they actually had my exact paint color per the tag inside the trunk!<P>So far I have only done the trim around the door handle but it was PERFECT. <P>Gonna tackle the chips on her nose next (after I get the headlight fixed).<P>P.S. They told me they could order it if they didn't have it also.