90 Reatta convertible for sale.

I am afraid that the Reatta convertible has not knocked my socks off. it's not the car, it's me. I just like older and bigger Buicks.<P>Therefore, I will offer my 1990 Reatta convertible for sale. <P>I bought the car out of Texas in March of 2000, from a fellow who kept the car very nice. I drove it home to Minnesota with no problems and have since repaired the headlamp motors, replaced the trunk relay, replaced leaky oil pan gasket, and installed a new ABS acummulator because the ABS light stayed on a little too long.<P>This car has just under 76000 miles, it has never seen salt. It is the beautiful Burgundy color with the tan interior. It has a CD player and body color side moldings. This car has trophied at car shows (but then, it's not hard to beat a bunch of black Regals, right?). It is extremely clean, the under side of the car is spotless. The engine you could eat off of. I have driven this car about 10000 miles since purchasing and it drives like a new car, the A/C is ice cold.<P>There are a couple of things keeping this car from flawless status. The leather on the driver's seat has some cracks, certainly less than you would expect from a car this age. The steering wheel leather is cracked and dirty, if you own a Reatta, you know what I mean. The top has a few rough edges down in the rear corners since it has been up and down many times, however, it does not leak. The front bumper has a small ding in it, it doesn't bother me enough to repair it.<P>Some may scoff, but I feel I am being realistic at offering this car at $15000. This is a quality car that has been lovingly cared for all of it's life, not just a used car. The market for these cars really can't go anywhere but up, if I had the extra space, I would just sit on this example for a few years and reap the benefits. <P>This e-mail address works best for me. donna.e.palmer@worldnet.att.net <BR>If you are kicking tires, don't bother, if you are a serious buyer, welcome. cool.gif" border="0

I'd like to wish you luck on selling your car, I doubt that you'll get $15k for it though. My 44k mile 1990 convertible (not for sale) is flawless, mint, showroom new, etc. but I doubt I could get more than $13k for it.

Ditto that Bill. I also have a 90 Convertible in excellent "eat-off" -able condition. It also happens to be a SELECT 60, of course you know only 65 WERE MADE! I have 86,000 miles but DOUBT that I could get $15K shocked.gif" border="0. So Wildcat 465, with no disresptct I say... skoff, scofff scoffff !! grin.gif" border="0

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I just wish you would spread your replies out more evenly to keep this post on the first page. Hell, I'll run it through the local auction, I just thought someone here may be interested in keeping it in collectible condition. People in MN like thier ragtops more I guess. tongue.gif" border="0

If it's of any help in determining your convertible's value... I purchased a '90 convertible three months ago, in near-concours condition. 45K miles, near-perfect body, interior and top, new tires. Everything works; nothing needed. $11,000 bought it.<P>Jerry Sellers

Guest Shaffer

To WILDCAT: If you like older, bigger Buicks, I have one of the largest, heaviest Buicks made and it is 29 years old and in good original condition. It is a 1972 Buick Electra 225 Custom 4-door hardtop sedan. Has no post between windows. Huge 455 V-8, COLD AIR. Loaded with all power options. EVERYTHING works. I will take $2,100 for it. I just don't have room for it, nor time to give it a good resto. I want it to go to a good home. Buick hasn't made a car like this in years. This was when they had metal and good electrical systems.<p>[ 08-07-2001: Message edited by: Shaffer ]

There is a '90 conv., claret/claret, for sale at the Auto-Trader site. The car has 27k miles, and supposedly is in pristine conditon. Asking price is $14,900. The listing is from the Chicago area; might be the same car that was sold thru an ad in the Chicago Tribune a couple of months ago.

Guest Shaffer

107,000 - 1-owner miles. You would never know it by looking at it though. Looks more like a 70K mile car. The original carpet is simply like brand new. I purchased the car in April and have babied it ever time I drive it. I have put about 1,500 miles on it. I hate to sell and only selling because I have no garage space to store it in and I want it to be taken care of. I don't want it to set in the weather any longer. It was barn/garage kept until I bought it. Paint it original and is getting surface rust on hood. Needs to be fixed, or kept indoors until repaired. Even if I had it painted I would still have no place for it. It is truely a unique car.<p>[ 08-08-2001: Message edited by: Shaffer ]

Hi Folks!<BR>I have had a serious offer on mine,had it not been for a select 60 that turned up within a day, this fellah from New Jersey would definitely have bough my 1990 Convertible. He even authorised on his American Express for the local Buick Dealer to go ahead and get the car saftied, before he would come down and see it.<BR>Take a look at the website below for more inf.<BR>Also the very same convertible have been placed on the ebay with a reserve.<BR>It certainly is in a Mint Condition and will be fully certified and Ontario Emissions tested. As per the Buick Dealership where this car was checked for safety, they wrote a report, that it only needs set of tires to pass the safety. The car will need absolutely nothing , it is like new condition.<BR>Cheers!<P>Prakash<P> <A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=593992551" TARGET=_blank>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=593992551</A> <BR> rolleyes.gif" border="0

Hello All, At the auction today at Novi, Mi. They sold a 1990 white Reatta conv. 42,000 miles,blue interior with cd and power lumbar option. $12,400.00 plus 5 percent buyers fee. So the Guy paid $13020.00 Tires were goodyear gt-4's over half gone. Nice car , white top,could not find any stone chips. I do not believe the book etc. was with it. Car is on its way to North Carolina I believe.