Factory-Painted Buick Ralley Wheels?

RockosRegal

Interesting site! As a Buick fan ('75 LeSabre Custom 2 dr coupe, '82 Regal (RWD) sedan), I like it!

I just found a set of 4 Buick Ralley Wheels (RWD) unlike any I have seen before.

I run those wheels on everything I own that they'll bolt to, and I'm always on the lookout for more.

I have about 18 of 'em, and each of them, and all of the Buick Ralley Wheels I've seen in my travels, have been chrome, with black accents in the centers.

The 14" set I found today is not. They are Maroon. Every section of them is painted Maroon (some might say Burgundy). There is NO trace of them ever having been chrome, either.

They run deep trim rings, and standard center caps were on them.

They appear to be Factory-Painted.

What years/models/trim-levels would they be from?

Are they relatively rare or...?

I appreciate your responses!

Update: After a good cleaning, I find that there is semi-gloss black paint on the inside (the part you can't see when the tire is on) of these maroon Ralley wheels, and also on the backs (the part that faces the brakes) of them.

The faces of them are completely maroon, no black accents. And yes, they ARE Buick Ralley Wheels, not Pontiac lol.

There are numbers stamped into them, on the face, near the tire valve.

They appear as such: M 2 (tire valve) 14 WU.

I checked the chrome Ralley Wheels on my Regal and Bel Air, and they don't have these stampings.

Or any stampings in that area.

No responses yet...

Either you're all laughing at me because these are common (even though I've never seen 'em before) lol

OR no one knows just what the story is with them lol.