Power Windows & Daytime Running Lights

91 Coupe<BR>1) My windows stop raising sometimes and will only continue to raise after waiting awhile. Should I replace both the motor and regulator or just the motor. Any thoughts on where to buy other than the dealer?<BR>2) Can I change the wiring to only have the fog lights without the other lites, i.e., no parking, tail, etc.

Hi Dennis,<BR>I have had some luck scavenging parts in salvage yards. Seat mechanisims, etc. GM is famous for intermingling parts between all their makes.<BR>Good luck, Lexor.

Hi Dennis, When I bought My 89 in Feb of this year I was driving it home from Chicago where I had purchased it. When I came to the first toll road I road the drivers window down and when I tried to put it back up, it went 1/2 way and stoped I tried and tried but no luck and it was cold. I left it sit thinking the controlling circuit in the motor kicked out and when it sat for a while it let Me put it up a bit more then stopped. I discovered the next day or so that if I pushed a certain way on the switch it worked. I put a new switch in it and its like new now. I took the old one apart and it was filled with what appears to have been soda. When I pushed on the switch buttons it was so sticky that the contacts were having trouble moving. I bought the window switch at a Delco supply house for 26.00. I think list is like 56. My advise would be to use a schematic to jumper the wires at the switch plug and see if it works then.

• 2 weeks later...

The fog light question... You may wish to check your local laws on fog lights. In VA, while bulbs cannot be on if your High Beams are on, so re-wiring them to come on the the ignition is a possibility, as long as you leave them setup to cut off w/ the High Beams. You can avoid this if you change the bulbs to yellow, or change the lenses to yellow. This is allowed in VA because if white, they are considered running lights and have to operate like stated above. If yellow, they are considered fog lights and the above stipulation does not apply. Yellow lights seems to cut the fog better anyway and does not reflect as bad when driving through thick fog. I could never find lenses or bulbs for my Reatta. However, I did find a guy that said he had located some. Check this web site out... (http://motorsportwarehouse.com/). Also, check mine out @ <A HREF="http://homestead.juno.com/deanoz/index.html" TARGET=_blank>Deano'z Reatta Page</A>

Last year I bought a low mileage Reatta convertible in California and brought it home to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The law on Canada requires the daytime running lite modification you describe. I took it to my local dealership, they ordered the daytime running lite kit, and installed it. Cost @$200. So, the fogs come on at reduced brightness when the vehicle is running (only the fogs...nothing else. When the other lites are turned on the fogs act as you would expect. This is a common modification required for US cars imported into Canada and would be similar for any car with headlite doors ( they generally revert to using the fog lites)