Will stock Reatta wheel fit in spare tire well????

I have one bad looking wheel, but it does hold air and is true, its just scratched up. Will this wheel fit into the spare tire well and what about the extra weight?? Has anyone tried this. I plan on driving the car a lot this summer. Makes sense to carry a regular spare if possible when traveling out of state.

Never tried it on my Reatta but many of them are made to take the full size tire/wheel since you have no place to go with the flat tire if you have to replace it. <P>------------------<BR>Hal, btk@vbe.com

Guest Stan Leslie

Compact (space saver) spares were invented to save space, so I would bet it won't fit. The idea is to get a new tire or have the original repaired within a few miles. The compact spare was never intended to be used long term. Tires are usually available whether your traveling in your home state or not. Some newer cars (Corvette) have no spare at all.

Well you peaked my interest, but not enough to get me to take a wheel off to find out! However, I did do a little measuring and looking. It appears to me that if you remove the moulded piece between the space saver tire and the jack storage at the rear of the trunk, a full size tire will just fit! No guarantees, but it sure looks close to me! Also, saw a warning note in the trunk to "always secure the flat tire and jack before driving". How could you do that if a full size won't fit? <P>------------------<BR> My Topless Reatta<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/drbuch2000/TheReatta.html" TARGET=_blank>http://hometown.aol.com/drbuch2000/TheReatta.html</A>

I realize what a compact spare is designed for, its just that lately we seem to drive all night on some of our trips. Thats why I would want to be using a real tire/wheel. I am in charge of a fleet of cars at work (28) and most of our staff will not use the small spares and will just call road service.

I have an 89 Coupe which came with a full size spare on a stock Reatta rim. The full size spare and rim are in the trunk but not in the spare well. The dealer told me the full size would not fit in the well. I was going to check to confirm, i.e, the full size takes up a lot of room in the trunk. But the original space saving spare was tucked neatly in place and never used. I figured why wake it especially considering that there is still plenty of room for the factory servive manual.