NEW REATTA OWNER

JUST PURCHASED A 1990 REATTA CONVERTABLE WITH ONLY 44,000 MILES. ITS WHITE WITH A WHITE TOP. MINT CONDITON. LOOKING FORWARD TO DRIVING AND OWNING THIS CLASSIC.

Guest wally888

Congratulations!<BR> Now is the time to test the brakes, flush the brake system.......<P>------------------<BR> <A HREF="http://www.reatta.net" TARGET=_blank>www.reatta.net</A> has supplemental info re.88, 89 and 90 Reatta Brakes.<BR>Please inform me of any new info, info needing editing or errors. A work in progress.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wally888:<BR><B> Congratulations!<BR> Now is the time to test the brakes, flush the brake system.......<BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Wally...I'm about to take my 1990 Reatta out of winter storage. Brakes work great with zero problems. Car has 21,000 miles. I'm the second owner (have owned 4 years). I don't believe that the brake system has ever been flushed. Do I need to do this or, shall I abide by the "if it works don't fix it" theory. Thanks!<P>Steve<BR>Minneapolis

Guest wally888

Refurbishers of the Teves reccommend flushing every 2 years. Think the R. Manual says 4 or 5 years. If I keep my car, I will flush every 2 years, just did.<BR> Flushing can be accomplished by 2 people w/o any special equipment. A recent post contains instructions.<P>------------------<BR> <A HREF="http://www.reatta.net" TARGET=_blank>www.reatta.net</A> has supplemental info re.88, 89 and 90 Reatta Brakes.<BR>Please inform me of any new info, info needing editing or errors. A work in progress.