1963 Starfire ride height

RASCARS

I just receieved my 63 Starfire Coupe from having the front and rear suspension rebuilt, imcluding 4 new coil springs.

My car now sits up much higher than is should.

I need to know the correct ride height of a 63 Starfire so this can be corrected-It's AWFUL!!

Does anyone have the correct ride height for a 1963 Starfire Coupe. If not, would aone or two of our members do me a great favor and measure their 63 Starfires for me please? I need the height measured from the ground to the bottom of the rocker panel and I need the height measured from the ground to the bottom of the wheel opening mouldings on the top line of the fender for both the back and front fenders. These measurements should pass over the center of the wheel itself on the way up to the bottom of the top piece of wheel opening. God, I hope this make sense to you all!

Any and all suggutions from anyone that has experienced this situation, please contact me with any suggetions.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you all as soon as you are able to help out.

As always, I'm truly greatful for this Fourm to all us a place to lend a hand.

Thank you

Bob

RASCARS confused.gif

Ride height specs are found in the shop manual. Rear specs are measured from the axle tube to the frame rail. Front specs are measured by inserting a rod into a hole in the lower control arm until it hits the frame rail. I had the exact opposite problem. Mine was too low in the front - I had to install spacers. I still think the back sits a little too high. And it leans a little bit to the driver's side, probably more so when hefty here is behind the wheel...

Paul

Paul,

Thanks for the quick response. What you describe is exactly what I needed to correct, except now my car looks like its 4 wheel drive(not quite that bad, but not the low sleek lines of the original).

I'm going to recheck the shop manual. I must have over looked the info on my first pass through.

Thanks again.

Pau cool.gifl,

I rechecked the manual and found the info at the end of the suspension chapter. I had only looked in the Spring install area previously.

I worked all day and now my car sits like a new 63 Starfire!

Again Many Thanks

Bob