Back lights for light switches

Does anyone know what voltage I should read on the 2 terminals that are inside the switch pod for the backlights for the switch buttons on the lights and the wipers?? I get aprox.156 at low dimmer setting and .775 on high setting?? I am not having much luck finding this info so I can verify if these expensive switches need to be replaced because of no lights. Thanks. Skip

The backlights for the buttons along side the speedometer of the 88 and 89 cars, are some sort of glowing panels that are powered by a module behind the dash. Chances are that the module has failed if only those two light strips are out.<BR>

I don't know it's exact name since I've never had to fool with it. I've just seen references to it on this page. Run a search (notice the word "search" in the upper right) and I'm sure you'll find it, and more. Search is a powerful tool on this site.<BR>

Thanks John. I will see what I can scare up. I priced the switches today in a 95 book and they were 136.00 back then. I can just imagine what They are now. Skip