Which paint code is what?!?!?!?!?!

Email me your address and I will drop an article in the mail to you that was written and published in the Antique Studebaker Review back in the 70?s. It goes into great detail regarding the color combinations of the 1928-30 Studebakers. The article has a detailed description with a diagram showing the various body parts and the color combinations.

Since you have names of the paint colors you might want to look around for someone who has those color paint chips. They are around, and worth looking for. Once you have the paint chips you can go to any good auto paint supplier and have the paint made to match the chip color. Keep in mind that this still will not be an exact match to what the original paint looked like, but then you will never be able get a perfect match. Today?s paint formulas are nothing like it was in 1928.

Hope this helps.

Mark Huston

studebaker28@yahoo.com

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stude8

I just noticed your inquiry about 1928 colors, I have scanned some 1930 Ditzler and Dupont charts I have and attach the one with Mohlite Brown for your interest. Unfortunately the Autumn Brown is a 1928 only color not carried over to 1930 so it doesn't appear on the charts I have. Stude8

post-31139-143137890848_thumb.jpg