rear tire slant

When this happens this is called negitive camber. Are both sides doing this or only one side? Is the rear of the car sitting even or is it leaning to one side? You need to figure out if it is a spring/weight problem or is something is bent/loose. If you want I can find some ride hight specs for you. There are optional rear spring spacers listed for these cars from GM to help correct ride hight. They also have after market camber shims to help correct rear camber. The safest thing to do is to have a shop that does alignments give you a estimate. Some places do this for free. When it's in the air they have room to see/pry/and shake things. Also have them look around the rear carage bolts for rust damage. See Barneys post for more about this. Be careful until you know what the problem is.<P>Tom

I've had my '88 algined by a Biuck dealer and questioned them on that sagging look.<BR>They said that was normal for the car even the Riv's.

I thought negative camber was a GOOD thing. It helps keep the back end from kicking out from under ya. I thought the 2 degrees of negative camber was stock, but its not?<P>EdgeCrusher/Mike

Idealy you want the tires to sit flat. If the tire is tilted in or out when loaded and driving the edge of the tire will wear prematurely. The load on the tire would not be even making it less effective. It's kinda like walking on the sides of your shoes. Now imagine that when traction is limited like on ice. Over time your shoe is going to wear funny. If you gave those worn shoes to some one elce they would walk funny because they are already worn a strange way. The same would happen if you rotated the worn tires to the front.<P>Tom