For Wally888

More for Wally888<BR>I just reassembled my Teves brake assembly and reinstalled it in the car. I broke the plastic pump suction fitting reconnecting the rubber tube from the reservoir and am fabricating a metal elbow to do the job. So I have little to report at this time. I had apart what I could on the master cylinder and cleaned everything I could. If this doesn't fix the brakes then I will purchase the new master cylinder.

Guest wally888

Thanks! Had the part # and was hoping $900 would buy Valve block and Master Cylinder, evidently not so.<BR> They can be purchased seperately or as a unit.<BR> There are several remanufacturers who service the entire ball of wax, M. C., Valve B, Pump, Main Valve, Reservoir, Press. Sensor and sell as one part.<BR> Have searched the Web several times since I lost the bookmark and name of Co., no luck, so far.<BR> You may find the part cheaper!<BR> <P>------------------<BR> <A HREF="http://www.reatta.net" TARGET=_blank>www.reatta.net</A> has supplemental info re.88, 89 and 90 Reatta Brakes.<BR>Please inform me of any new info, info needing editing or errors. A work in progress.

Guest wally888

Price would depend on many things-how long out of use-guarantee-was fluid ever changed.........but mostly if you and buyer could agree on price, etc.<P>------------------<BR> <A HREF="http://www.reatta.net" TARGET=_blank>www.reatta.net</A> has supplemental info re.88, 89 and 90 Reatta Brakes.<BR>Please inform me of any new info, info needing editing or errors. A work in progress.

The 1988 ABS unit is different than the 1989-1990 unit. The difference is in the use of a steel return line in the 1988 and a flexible rubber line in the 1989-90. This makes the 1988 master cylinder all to itself.<P>I suppose the whole assembly will interchange from 1988 to 1990. I paid about $125 for a complete ABS unit on Ebay about one year ago. Complete Reatta parts cars are routinely going for under $1000 now.

This Teves master cylinder was taken from an '89 Olds Touring Sedan. It looks exactly like the one in my '88 Reatta. I bought the car for my daughter specifically because it had a rebuilt transmission and a new master cylinder to go with the much loved 3800 engine. (the brakes bill was over $1300) She promptly wrecked it and I took out the Teves unit before it was towed away. I clipped and capped the brakes lines for storage. Can I get $300? It looks new.