Always wondered about screws and wiper blades!

Guest wally888

Wally,<P>When you turn off you wippers off they should go into a park mode. They should go down low on to a ramp that relieves the tension off the blade to make them last longer. <P>I know mine dose not do this. When the cars sitting I am allways pushing my wippers down lower on my windshield just so it looks better. My other Buick had the same problem. I never remember any customers complaining about this. They probibly never noticed. <P>You need to look in the manual under the wiper motor and it will have good detail. I want to say it might be a dirty park switch. I have been putting it off fixing mine because I never think about it when I have time and I hate messing with those wipper motors.<P>Tom

My wipers rest right on those screws at the base of the windshield, too. And yes, they end up putting a set in the wiper blade so it leaves streakes. Sounds just like what yours is doing.

Mine also landed on the phillips head screw that countersinks in the black metal shield at the bottom of the windshield. On my first Reatta, a screw on the passenger side was cocked slightly and actually shreaded the wiper over time. I never did get that fixed. My current one's do park on the stop below the windshield. I think that the wiper arm could be adjusted on the spline to relocate the wiper stop position? Might work!<BR>Good Luck