1917 maxwell info

Guest dougb

If anyone has any info on the whereabouts of the 1917 Maxwell that was driven cross country by C.W. Tuthill and his friend Scully in 1916-1917, I would be very interested. My name is Douglas Tuthill Bassemir and Clifford Wayne Tuthill is my Grandfather. I recently came across my Grandfathers pictures and complete diary of the trip. Very interesting reading, and very cool pictures. I was also amazed to discover that a model company had cast a metal model bank of my Grandfathers car in 1997. In the description of the model it says the trans-continental trip was completed in a record time of 10 days but I don't believe this is accurate as my Grandfather was not racing across the states but rather testing Texaco fuel and Firestone Tires (and of course Maxwell cars) for durability. I have no idea if this car is still around. Maybe it's in a museum somewhere. If anyone knows please let me know. Thanks, dbassemir@optonline.net

thanks, i ended up buying 2 of those models on e-bay cause i thought i lost the first auction. i'll have to research the paul harvey story. thanks again!