1934 Packard

Jetblast

• 1 year later...
Guest superods

you ever find any club coupes i am looking for one 1929 to 1933 and also a club sedan know of any >>> mike super 440 281 6922

may I respectfully suggest you go to some car shows, and talk with some owners, before actually "BUYING" a "1934 Packard Club Sedan"...

Let me explain why. For 1934 production, Packard had ONE club sedan body, but offered it, depending on how much you wanted to pay, on chassis in three VERY different price and performance classes. I am prejudiced - so naturally..I think ANY Packard product of that era that you would buy (provided it is in good condition)...would be as good if not superior in all respects, to any other car in its price range.

But...again, Packard had three VERY different price and performance ranges. The lowest price Packard in 1934 was called the Packard Eight. It would have a 320 cu in engine. Very good performer for its class. But, if you want to hav some "punch" when you put your foot in it, you will pay more for the Packard Super Eight of that year...384 cu in, and believe me..you feel those extra cubic inches when you press the "go" button.

You will pay MUCH more for a Packard Twelve - in that year...about 440 cu in. As good as the Packard Super Eight is, the Packard V-12 was vastly superior - not just because it had so much more cubic inches and bigger brakes, but also because of the engine design. The Eight and Super Eight were ordinary "flat-heads". The Twelve has a MUCH better and freier breathing design...both intake and exhaust. So just noting the much larger displacement of the V-12, is not the whole story.

So - again...LEARN more about the Packard products of 1934, before you get too excited. All Packards of 1934 used the same bodies for any particular body type. But...like the hot-rodders and "ladies of the evening" will tell you...THERE AINT NO SUBSTITUTE FOR CUBIC INCHES....!

The more you learn about pre-war Packards, the more you will be amazed at what tremendous value Packard provided in ALL its cars, for each respective price and engine-size class. And the more you learn, the more you will appreciate that you cannot expect a car from one price class to be fairly compared with a car of a much more expensive price class. Packard did NOT become such a legend for integrity by cheating its customers ! Again, the more you learn, the more fun and value you will get from the Packard hobby..!