I'm back.....and she's gotta go

ReattaBuckeye

It's been a while since my last post (June 15 2004) but I'm still out here and the 1990 "Bright Red" fenderless Reatta of SW Ohio is still alive and well! Yep, she still doesn't have any fenders because I refuse to pay those rediculous Ebay prices. Besides its fun to see the looks on peoples faces who try to figure out what kind of car I'm driving!

Just wanted to thank several of you guys for helping me get this old girl back on the road....she needed a lot of "mechanical" & "electrical" TLC to get her back to life but I've had a ton of fun since she was reborn in the summer of 2004!

In addition, I still have the complete "gold" Reatta that I purchased as a "project" or "donor" car but have never touched it since I parked it next to the garage. Almost 2 years have gone by and all 4 of its original tires still have air in them....that amazes me?!?!

Well before I start getting too sappy I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that "both" Reatta's are for sale. The driver, (Red) has 122K, runs and drives great and everything but radio works....Red has had exhaust, brakes, and tons of other repairs since I purchased her in March 2004. The other Reatta, (Goldie) has a perfect body (minor surface rust inside rear wheel wells) and good interior (tan) but engine is blown. She has 188K if memory serves me correctly. "Goldie" was purchased originally as a "donor car" for parts to repair the minor front end damage on "Red" but I couldn't bring myself to "strip" any parts from "Goldie"! She is a unique color combo and I have yet to see another Reatta like "Goldie" here in Ohio anyway. There are plenty of "Red" Reatta's in this area and I'm sure other parts of the USA, "Red" is very common.

$2500 cash takes them both........PM me with questions.

Guest MauiWowee

Jeff, you are right about red Reattas, but I saw another gold Reatta in downtown Dayton recently. There are two of us on the forum on the south side of Dayton, and it doesn't belong to either of us. I'd change my name to Randy and start a herd with your two, but the city doesn't like my assortment already.

cool.gifcool.gif

Mau,

Hey neighbor, I actually live in Miamisburg but since most people know where Cincinnati is and not Dayton I tell them "North of Cincy"! That "Randy" guy sure has a collection of cars.....I used to have the same problem years ago with Corvettes but lost interest when babies started coming along!

My "Goldie" is actually "Driftwood" and I'm not up on "all the proper Reatta colors but I think there is a gold and a driftwood, too?!?! Maybe I'm wrong?

Anyway, I see a few nice "Red" Reatta's around the Dayton Mall area and there is a couple of nice "White" ones in Centerville & Washington Twp. Used to be a "wrecked" black coupe on Byers Rd in the 'Burg but she disappeared last summer?!?!

Your "Blue" didn't happen to come outta Miamisburg did it? There was a small car dealer with a Blue one a couple of years ago that was pretty clean and he didn't know what he had!

Guest MauiWowee

I'm in Kettering, another member here has a black coupe in Miamisburg.

Mine came out of Taylor Mich., took a long time to find one without many "issues". If I'd known about the one you mentioned, I would have checked it out. I spent a lot of time learning from this forum also. cool.gif

BTW, you are correct, the color is Driftwood, never a gold, only 5% made in 1990.

Maui,

I know summer seems light years away right now but we should try and get all these SW Ohio Reatta cars together for a little show or at oleast a meet and greet! There is a car show in Springboro every month in the Kroger parking lot on SR 73, I'll try to find out which weekends they have their get together and maybe all these Reatta's can crash the show!

Mine might be gone by then but you never know?!?! I'd show up anyway just to see the cars all of you guys and gals have! [color:\\"red\\"]