Hard start, erratic/high idle, Berryman 12,code 115

Guest wally888

Guest wally888

Bringing hard start up to date! After Tectron ? additive, car starts a little quicker.<BR> Other car has intermittant code 115 and I purchased Berryman 12 but can't find recent post re. how to use?<P>------------------<BR> Vote, so your ballot, May, be counted!

<P> There are no ECM codes that are in the 100s. A BCM code B115 indicates a failure in the sensor used to determine AC setting offset due to sunload. The sensor temperature,in degrees C, can be read at BD32.

Guest wally888

Bob, <BR> Another senior moment! I had 115, fixed,bypassed inop. wire, now a new one re. engine performance and will revise here later.

Guest wally888

Bob-Was code E-022 or 23-intermittant and is not there today, even History, as I cleared.<BR>But, it will return!<BR> I bought Berryman Carb Cleaner(is there B. Throttle Body Cleaner?) and hope someone will relate their experiences using it. How?

Don't use a carb cleaner on a throttle body. This is because the throttle plate in the TB has coatings on it and the Carb cleaner can damage those coatings. also the MAF (Mass Airflow Sensor) has coatings on it damage that and it's about 400 bucks for a new or 200 for a rebuilt one. use a Throttle Body cleaner. I believe AutoZone has one I used it last weekend on my W-body but I can't seem to remember the brand.<P>Matt <P>------------------<BR>If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.