Replacing Weather Stripping - Where to Buy???

Gary2

The weather stripping is in poor condition and is cracking. I would like to purchase new stripping. I contacted Metro Moulded Parts, Inc. but they do not carry the replacement for the our cars. Is there anyone out there who has successfully replaced their stripping? Can you direct me to a contact for both doors and the trunk stripping please? Thank you for your advice and assistance in advance.

Gary grin.gif

I have a "New Old Stock" never installed trunk weather stripping for an 89, I believe they are the same for all years.

The "Vintage GM Parts" Division has sold out of all the stock and I believe that this will be the only way to get something perfect.

Make an offer...others to Gary2 will get first refusal if that is OK.

Thank you for your assistance. If I cannot locate the trunk parts, I will be pleased to purchase the part from you. Please give a few more hours of searching. I will continue to look for other companies outside of the GM Dealership. At this time, after two more hours on the phone here are the part numbers for our weatherstripping: Left Door: 3527107- $211.00 Right Door: 20636716- $150.00 Trunk: T20588164

These are the parts numbers from the dealership about forty miles away. The parts can be still ordered through GM. I hope with these numbers, I will be able to locate another company who have the same parts available. Thanks again for your help. Once ordered, the parts three to four days to arrive. If anyone knows a quick source, please let me know!

All the best,

Gary2 shocked.gif

Only one other party has expressed an interest with his bid.

I have replied that you do have the first refusal.

Rather than just a few hours of searching how about just letting me know ny tomorrow and we decide then.

Thank you for your kind offer. I would feel more comfortable if you give me a full delivered price please. I have found out what the new replacement trunk weatherstripping would be today. I checked with Fairchild and a few other manufacturers of weatherstripping and they all came up with the same request. I will look forward to hearing from you. Thank you, Gary2

• 2 weeks later...

Robert,

The camel arrived today with the package. I gave him some water and he is on his way to the next stop! Thank you. Now the question... Our Postal Money Order...a Personal Check... a Bank Check? I am not sure which will be easier for you to cash. Please let me know at: fantasticm@earthlink.net. Please use subject: Reatta

Thank you again for your kind offer. I had a great time in Ottawa years ago. It's nice to see the people up there haven't changed. I have ordered the other two pieces and they should be in next week. For those who are reading this message--- The part numbers are current, but you might want to check with your buddy at a shop near by you. He/she can get the parts for less than what I have listed. Okay, it's not moke and mirrors, but just business. Contact a NAPA store for the cement you will need and carefully remove the original weather stripping. Don't move too fast, you don't want to strip the paint. Take your time and you will have a perfect job. For those out there who assisted me, thank you again. we'll be ready for the winter weater in L.A. Yes, it does rain in Southern California!

All the best,

Gary

P.S. Thanks Rob, email me please.

Hi,

You might start checking around just outside your local Buick dealers if they can't assist you. Another good method of getting the actual numbers for the part you need for all the car is to contact a body repair shop. They have a computer program which will break down our cars with all the part numbers. If you try one and they don't have it, then contact AAA and ask them to give you numbers to the "Immediate Service" shops they deal with today. We found part numbers at a local shop for our cars from Reattas first year to their last.

Hope this helps. All the best, Gary