Does anybody have the Old Cars Weekly annual value guide?

Guest Buick Mike

Guest Buick Mike

And could I impose on you to fax me a page out of it?

My Reatta - it's a 1990 Coupe - was rear-ended and I'm gathering documentation for insurance purposes. I'd get the guide myself, but here in New Orleans I'm pretty sure the bookstores are still closed and I can't find it anywhere online. So if you have it, and wouldn't mind faxing me the page with 1990 Reatta Coupe values, I would be deeply appreciative.

FAX # is 504-524-7798.

Also...if anyone knows of other value guides besides CPI, Old Cars Price Guide (both of which I have), and the aforementioned Old Cars Weekly annual guide I am all ears.

Note: Although the names are confusingly similar, I have been assured that Old Cars Weekly is a separate entity from Old Cars Price Guide. I already have Old Cars Price Guide... it is the Old Cars Weekly annual value guide, which would have been published at the beginning of the year, that I need.

Thanks.

Mike

Guest 70 Electra

Mike,

I already responded to you on the AACA forum, but think I now understand better the reason for the misunderstanding.

The "Old Cars" folks publish a weekly magazine ("Old Cars Weekly"), and a quarterly (or every couple of months?) Price Guide magazine, called "Old Cars Price Guide". This is what you need.

The same folks also publish a big thick BOOK version of the guide ONCE per year. Sounds like you have this one, and it is the cause of the confusion. I assure it is the same folks doing all three publications.

To get the latest info, you will want the most recent issue of the MAGAZINE version of the "Old Cars Price Guide". However, in reality, the values do not change that much during the year, so the annual issue is generally good enough.

The folks that do this guide make a lot of noise about following the market and basing the prices on actual sales, but I know for a fact that most of the adjustments from issue to issue are simply applying a percentage to adjust the numbers. Remember, it is ONLY a guideline to pricing!

Guest my3buicks

Mike, I faxed you a copy of the OCPG 45 mintues before you posted this - this guide is one in the same as Greg has already explained to you - it is bi-monthly and is the favored standard of the industry the copy I sent was out of the December 2006 issue, so it is the VERY LATEST available. Although as with any guide it is bot a bible but just what it states a "guide". Another option for you would be to look back over ebay sales at what compairable cars have sold for.

Guest Buick Mike

Thanks.

I had never heard of Old Cars Weekly before so I was confused, but the value I was told it assigned my car was quite favorable... hence my desire to track it down.

I have the December issue of Old Cars Price Guide. The value is not quite what I was told but not bad nonetheless.

For comparison purposes, does anybody know the value range CPI assigns a 1990 Reatta Coupe? I'd rather not have to subscribe just to get that one bit of info, but if the number is favorable I will in order to have the documentation.

Thanks again.

Mike

Guest Buick Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike, I faxed you a copy of the OCPG a couple hours ago </div></div>

Yes, and thank you very much.

I was under the mistaken impression that there was another value guide under a similar name, hence my continued efforts to track it down. I now undrestand that I was looking for something that does not exist.

Again, thank you for your effort and I apologize for my confusion.

Mike

Is the old cars price guide on the newstands now? The two big booksellers in the Flint area dont seem to have it anymore. Or do you subscribe to it.

Guest imported_Thriller

One of the online guides I like is Manheim Gold. If nothing else, it might give you something else to check to see how the other guides compare.

Good luck with the insurance.

Guest Buick Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the old cars price guide on the newstands now? The two big booksellers in the Flint area dont seem to have it anymore. Or do you subscribe to it. </div></div>

I bought the December issue at the newstand two days ago, so it's out there.

Mike