E-bay SCAM!!! Beware!

stimpy

I just wanted to let everyone know about something that happened to me on ebay. I'd bid on a 91 Reatta over a month ago, and today received 2 e-mails offering a "second chance" to buy it now...at a much lower price than it had gone for. The catch (and what made me leary) was that an immediate deposit was required thru pay-pal. This e-mail "looked" absolutely authentic and even had real links to ebay.

I've been in contact w/ebay customer service and they've confirmed that it was a false "spoof" e-mail.

I just wanted to warn anyone who might come across something like this in the future...this kind of garbage makes me very angry (+ I really wanted that darned Reatta...lol)

my only 2nd chance ebay offer was for real. I copyed the new auction number and went directly to ebay....there the auction was. Just for me. It was a buy in now for my bid price. I payed with pay pal and the item came in 4 days.....ken

Guest tempest68

If you get one of these emails that "looks" real, look in the "status bar" when you mouse over the email. It probably does not point to ebay, and the entire email is usually an image instead of text with links. I've gotten similar emails and promptly reported them.