Katrina Auction 59-61 Buick PSB's

Guest imported_MrEarl

Guest imported_MrEarl

I am offering a set of unbound unabridged 1959-1961 Buick Product Service Manuals for auction with ALL proceeds to go to the winners choice of Katrina aid organizations. Here's the deal. Bidding will start at $50 and proceed for 5 days, ending at 10:00 PM EST Sunday September 11. I will forward the winners check directly to the ogranization you choose for it to go to. Personally I would like to see some $$ go to assist all the poor dogs and cats that got left behind. But the choice is yours. You will need to write the organizations name on the check and give me the Full address of where to send. I just recently won this on eBay and I considered to be too good of a deal to pass up although I had no "immediate" use for. In case you are unfamiliar with these, they are highly sought after because they contain much more info than the bound abridged ones.

HERE is an example of what one recently sold for on eBay. Because the dates of the publications run from October 1959 through July 1961 they contain info on the 1960 and 1961 model years. (sorry all you Buick59 guys) However they list such things engine and differential changes from 59 to 60 etc. In addition to the BPSM's this binder contains Buick Motor Division letters (signed by E.J Krause, original lubricaion charts, trailer hitch booklet, Carter and Stromberg Carburetor info. old "burnt" copies of Service Letters (remember when you use to burn copies back before Zrox and scanning) and much more info that isn't contained in the standard shop manuals. The binder appears to be a standard military issue and not a Buick binder. The first page is the worst for wear and tare.

638at25.jpg

640at25.jpg

639at25.jpg

641at25.jpg

642at25.jpg

643at25.jpg

644at25.jpg

646at25.jpgtp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y82/54roadmasters/BPSM%20auction/646at25.jpg

So, LET THE BIDDING BEGIN.... smile.gif

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A great gesture MrEarl, and I hope you get lots of bids.

I'll start you off at $100 </div></div>

No, THAT was a great gesture. Thanks Dave.

Hopefully this will prompt those that's been "meaning to give" to give and get something in return besides a good feeling of giving.

Guest imported_MrEarl

Back to the top

alright guys, you realize if you wait for the last minute your computer is goin to mysteriously freeze up and you'll be sorry. grin.gif

let's see... Would it work if I register on the forum again so I can bid on my own auction. grin.gif

Guest imported_MrEarl

Again Dave, thanks from across the big pond. And per your support of helping the animals I have forwarded your $100.00 gift to Noahs Wish http://www.noahswish.org/

They have been doing a lot for the poor animals that had to be left behind in the Gulf coast area. and as far as I know the pets and animals won't be receiving any debit cards or their share of the $60,000,000,000 (is that enough zeroes) in financial aid so I know it will be appreciated.

I will get the service bulletins in the mail tommorow.

Guest invicta592

MrEarl,

Thank you for choosing a worthy charity on my behalf. I'm sure that the money will be wisely used. I hope that others will join me in applauding your efforts to assist those that are less fortunate than ourselves.

Respect to you sir.