1937 Buick Special model 47 retro rod project for sale

37sedan_mod47

Due to job transfer and lack of interest, I am offering my 1937 Special retro rod project, Model 47, four door sedan for sale. The good thing is that almost no work has been performed that cannot easily be returned to stock. A friend of mine purchased most of the original parts that were not needed for a rod as spares and would be willing to sell them at a reasonable price.

I have a 1941 dual carb engine that has been bored, decked, line bored, rods resized for insert bearings, cam ground to 3/4 race, etc. I have most if not all parts to assemble the block. The head will need work but I do have a set of NOS ex valves and some BBC valves for oversize intakes. The stock '37 bell housing has been line bored to work with the '41 block and the tranny pilot resized for a modern gearbox. I have a T-5 transmission from a V-8 Camaro that goes with it. I have installed a rebuilt GM 10 bolt rear axle with new 4:11 gears and completely new drum brake assemblies on the stock rear suspension. All of the lever type shocks are retained and have been rebuilt as has the entire front suspension, including new A-arms. The front spindles have been modified to accept GM disk brakes and I have caliper brackets and new calipers and hardware as well.

The entire chassis was disassembled, sandblasted, and coated with POR-15 and their chassis black topcoat. The body is bone stock and has all factory trim and such in very good condition. I believe the paint to be original (black). This car is nearly rust-free and has been garaged all of its life to my knowledge. I am the third owner and have most manuals. The interior trim and dash have been wood grained. The bumpers and guards have been rechromed. This is a very nice car that would take a little work to complete as a rod or restore to original. I have over $10,000 invested and am asking $4900 or best offer. Car is located in central Ohio. I can be reached at 419-512-2017.