1919 Dodge engine number

Hi, the engine number on my Dodge is an inverse triangle and then 724 515, Doesn't look original with this number and I have never seen the prefix of an inverse triangle before (I'd put the symbol in but the post dosen't support). Any help?

David

Guest imported_RAH

David,

Sorry, an engine with number 724515, given the engine numbers are roughly 50,000 higher than the car number, would have placed the cars serial number at appx 674,000. This would have been built in Jan of '22. How did you come up with the presumption this was a '19? P.S. I believe the inverted triangle may have been an indication of some 'out of tolerance' condition ie. oversize cam bearings, etc. Not positive but have seen something about that somewhere.

I hope this helps. Rodger "Dodger" Hartley

Hi Dodger,

The chassis number is 403884 which is why I think the vechile is 1919, I got it with a spare engine 448182 which from your numbers means it is probably the original engine! Thanks for the lead (on the triangle) I will check the bearings as I work through the rebuilt of the engine. Mostly asked out of curiosity as I had never seen before.

Regards David