Fish Carburetor M-1 1955 Buick Century

Buick M-1

Thanks folks, for your interest in the article on M-1's coming-to-be. Right now, she is on display at the new Living Legends of Auto Racing museum in Daytona Beach. I urge anyone who's in the area to visit the museum. It's a gas!

I'm (slowly) working on fitting a rebuilt 322 and HD 3-speed trans from another Century. Once that's don, I intend to test the Fish Carb "Zip plus Mileage" claim by doing a back-to-back comparison with a Fish carb vs. the standard 4-bbl. I bought a new-in-the-box Fish model M-1 carburetor for the purpose. I think this would also make a great article.

The script "Fireball: Race to Live" is starting to gain interest due to a trip I recently made to LA and also word of mouth. What I really want is to start generating buzz among today's NASCAR fans.

I'm grateful for interest from BCA members. If someone happens to be a film producer, or wants to help realize a dramatic film with a potential 75 million viewer market (and the sounds of open-pipe Nailheads and Hemis going at it along the Daytona surf), get in touch!

I'll load the complete script on www.FireballRobertsM1.com sometime this week for anyone who wants to read it.

Thanks,

Josh

Josh, I want to acknowledge once again your effort on this, and I believe that what you're doing will capture the interest of a large number of Buick enthusiasts. Please keep us posted, and, yes, keep the excellent "Bugle" articles coming. We would certainly enjoy hearing about the Fish carburetor tests. More importantly, we'd love to see your screenplay -- and M-1 -- make it to the silver screen.