0-60 Times

Guest Jeffn

Guest Jeffn

Hey, nice news today, I saw a site that collects and lists 0-60 times for all makes and the 89 TC was listed as 6.9secs. Must've been the 16v.

Guest Wayne in Malvern PA

I have an '89 TC with the 8v intercooled turbo in it and just put in one of the recalibrated SMEC's from FMP Performance. Lowers the RPM at where the turbo kicks in, higher boost, improved lower end torque, etc. Sure makes a difference at least in the perceived performance. I did a very rough 0-60 time couple days ago and came in around 6 sec.

Guest Jeffn

I need to get one of those. Time to start working and modding this car of mine.

what else do you have on it?

Guest Wayne in Malvern PA

That's it at the moment, just the new SMEC. Considering doing the revised exhaust as mentioned on the TC Pages website.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, other than adding boost the exhaust system is the best way to get more power. As a benefit you will get better mileage too! Watch out though, you can run the increased boost and still have enough fuel but combine it with a free flow exhaust and you may be dangerously lean, especially if youare on 15 year old injectors. A quality air fuel meter (like Dawes Devices not JC Whitney) is the next mod.

Alan