Bengal and Velite

Guest etozion

Guest etozion

I recently updated my screensaver pics collection with Buick cars pics. Just wandering what is a fate of Bengal and Velite?

I kind of think the Reatta was ahead of it's time. Does Buick finally come up with something similar, true ?brake through??

from http://www.gminsidenews.com/futureguide1.htm

<span style="font-weight: bold">Riviera</span>- Buick is considering building the Velite concept car. If built, the car would be the mechanical twin of the new Zeta GTO and Chevy Performance Coupe (Camaro/Chevelle) and named Riviera. The Riviera would come in both coupe and convertible versions. Expect the Riviera to get a DOHC V6 in place of it's platform mates OHV engines.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Grand National</span>- A rumor (remember rumor!) is that Buick's high performance version of the Riviera will get a 3.6L Turbocharged V6 instead of a V8 in it's performance model. If this happens, there is a good chance that the Grand National name will make a return.

Guest kc-griz

Tiger Woods has been driving a "production" model Velite for several months now. I'd like to see the Riviera make a comeback. After owning a 96 SC model and currently own a 97 SC Rivie with 36k miles, I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. The Velite sure has the lines of the Riviera and would make a logical leap forward for the Rivie bloodline. cool.gif