need help identifying a Buick straight 8

I have a 1949 Buick Super. It appears to have a BUick straight 8 from another year. There is no serial number on the engine. The block almost touches the firewall. The carr appearantly originally had an engine that had two motor mounts on the front of the engine. This engine has two motormounts 1/3 to 1/2 way back on the engine, and attaches rather high on the engine. The car has a Dynaflow transmission. It appears to have been originally a clutch car. Any ideas?

The 49 Super had a side mounted engine with the mounts as you describe them. The last Buick with the front mount was the 47.If it is a straight eight Buick engine,it almost has to be the proper one,as the roadmaster engine is too long to fit in a Super engine compartment without some MAJOR reworking of the compartment.

I have a 37 special. When the guy sold it to me he stated that it had the big engine. What he meant was that it had a '50 to '53 263 ci. I have been told, but don't actually know by comparison, that the 248 had 3 freeze plugs beneath the exhaust and the 263 had 4. My 263 has 4 freeze plugs. Good luck.