64 Vista Cruiser Front Drum / Disc Brake Spindle Interchangef

Guest rcawjr

Guest imported_rcawjr

Hello, I'm also inexperienced but have to start somewhere. I have a 64 Vista. I know it is an A body car and am pretty sure it shares the same front end parts as a Cutlass. Does anybody know if any disc brake spindles from later cars fit on the Vista's front end without major surgery? Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

I'm new to this forum so I don't know how many times this has been discussed, but... If you want to improve handling and stopping at the same time and are not afraid to spend a little time and money on the project, a "tall" spindle conversion is the answer. Conversion kits are availeable using "F" body (Firebird/Camero front steer 11") or "B" body (12") spindles and brakes with custom upper control arms from Hottchkiss or Global West. Most of the conversion can be done with junkyard or over the counter parts or with complete kits. The websites from these companies give good info on the project. Along with some good front and rear sway bars you can have a really good cornering, hard stopping "A" body. You can also add a 12.7:1 steering box to complete the project. Good luck.