Speedway automotive

Does anyone have experience dealing with Speedway Automotive, near Phoenix? How was your experience?<BR>Thanks<BR>Alan Oldfield<BR>BCA #15140

Alan,<P>I've been there in person as well as ordered a couple of parts from them in the mail. They are good to deal with, not cheap, but in my case, they had 1979 LeSabre Palm Beach parts that no one else had, and when I described what I needed, they knew exactly what it was. It was in as-new condition when it arrived, and well packed for the mail. They don't have many Buicks before the late 1950s, but they have dozens of 1960s and 1970s Buicks; 1980s too.<P>Pete Phillips, BCA #7338<BR>Ector, Texas

I've been there and it's a lot of fun to look around, being a Buick guy. But I would do everything else that I could to find a part somewhere else because I'm sure it would be cheaper. $45 for a parking park lamp for a 72 GS..."You've got a pretty rare car there..." Gimme a break, it's a Skylark part! Others have had better luck with pricing, I'm told. All that aside, I'm sure they'll be reputable with delivery and service.

From personal experience, I would concur with Michael. They are VERY high; I didn't find the service to be that great. I live in Phoenix,and know them well. They depend largely on mail order business, hence,their prices are sky high. I have found 99 percent of what I need I find elsewhere in the Valley, or out of town in neighboring states. You have to know where to look! (And it's cheaper,too!)

I have been there. Didn't buy a thing. Way too high. There has to be a better place to buy. Good Parts IF you are desperate. It's like the Tourist Traps around the world. Get off the Main Drag and you will find what you need for 1/3 the price.<BR>Greg...NEW1966