How big is a 1923 Dodge Four touring?

StephenL

Hello from England.

I am thinking about buying a 1923 Dodge Brothers Four Touring in an auction over here.

How wide, tall, and long are they? My English garage is not very large...

Also, anyone got any good tips on what to look out for?

What parts are hard to find, are a common problem etc.

Thanks for your help.

Guest imported_RAH

Stephen,

I just checked with another 'brother' with a late '22 whose dimensions should be virtually identical. These data are as follows: Height, with top up 78" (sorry I have not converted to metric), Width from running board to running board under the car 65", and the length from spare tire to front of frame 157".

I am sure you will enjoy owning and driving a good ole' Dodge Brothers. I would suggest after you bring your new toy home the next thing would be to join the Dodge Brothers Club. The DBC News is a virtual treasure trove of information and assistance in proper maintainence. Good Luck.

Rodger "Dodger" Hartley

Rodger,

Thank you very much for the information.

Looks like it will just squeeze into the garage.

Going to look at it on Friday.

I have experience of Ford Model As, but not of Dodges.

My main concern is wooden wheels. How robust are they? Should they be painted, varnished, left alone?

The car has 24" wheels. Is this standard? Sounds very big to me.

Rest assured, if I get it, the first thing I will do is join the Dodge Brothers Club!

Thanks again,

Stephen.

Guest imported_RAH

Stephen,

Wood wheels in good shape should not be any problem. They were painted a dark blue and 24" is standard for that vintage. They will have tires of 33" x 4 1/2". There is a book available which I would recommend. It is a reprint of a 1927 Mechanics Instruction Book. It has all the information you will need to keep the ole' girl running fine. Good Luck.

Rodger "Dodger" Hartley